Main Purpose of the Role:
The post-holder will work with young people who have experienced crisis and are referred to the Safe Zone Service, to provide 1-1 emotional well-being and therapeutic sessions. The role will include ‘meet and greet’ duties for young people and their families, and other professionals, into the Safe Zone, providing care and providing crisis intervention.
The post holder must be available to work shift patterns, this may include evening and weekend hours.
- To work in partnership with the crisis care pathway to ensure smooth, robust referral process into the Safe zones.
- Meet and greet young people into the Safe zones, assessing and identifying support needs, delivering interventions to improve outcomes for children and young people.
- To offer advice, signposting or discussing potential referrals, ensuring the young person receives the most appropriate support at all times.
- Be familiar with local services, agencies and support in signposting young people in accordance with suitability, risk and appropriate thresholds.
- Work with parents/carers and significant others within the young person’s care plan as required.
- Liaise with other services and agencies as necessary to provide a safe, meaningful and efficient experience for young people and their families.
- Work closely with the Rapid, Response Team ensuring appropriate step -up and step-down arrangements are in place.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for case management and recording in line with data protection legislation.
Full Job Description: Youth Worker – Mental Health (SZs)
To apply for any of our vacancies please find the relevant forms below to be completed and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
BLGC Employment Application Form
Equality and Diversity Form
If you require documents in an alternative format, you can contact us: Recruitment@blgc.co.uk
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
We reserve the right to close the application process at any stage. You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications that do not meet the person specification points will not be shortlisted